Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Blossom in a Glass Part 1

In creating my own composition by following Van Gogh's. I learned many more things about his decisions. I decided to change the view point to mix it up a little and this caused the problem of the weight of the glass. I had to make sure the angle wasn't so severe so that the bottom of the glass still had weight to balance the flowers. His glass takes up a lot of the picture space.

I decided to keep the flowers roughly in the same configuration. The picture felt more balanced with the lower flower on the right covering part of the darker area.  I made sure to keep the forms of the flowers sharp and angular to stay with the idea of an angular composition while trying to suggest apple blossoms.

I originally had the stem disappear at the water level. The composition felt heavy on the right. I added the underwater stem as did Van Gogh for balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment