Saturday, October 9, 2010

Honeybee 3 Part One


In today's composition I placed the honeybee in the upper left and decided to make it look as if it is landing on a flower. I decided on gerbera daisies again because I like to repeat shapes throughout the composition. Daisy petals harmonize with the wing shape of the bee and I can move them through the picture frame with variety using curvilinear lines which give movement. I  want red to dominate this picture again.

Notice that I have filled the picture with various circle shapes. This will give me the guidelines for drawing  the flowers with variety. I'm making sure the four corners are filled with an area that I can dull to make it less attractive. I'm making sure that my flowers intersect the edges of the composition at uneven intervals.

No comments:

Post a Comment